Tuesday, February 2, 2010 , Posted by GRT at 10:48 AM
The iPad is a beast of a machine, so here's a rundown of what makes up Apple's latest and greatest.
- CPU: Apple's custom 1GHz A4 SOC, manufactured by Samsung. And we can tell you, it's blazingly fast.
- Display: 9.7-inch, 1024 x 786 (132 PPI), LED backlit IPS with capacitive touch and oleophobic coating.
- Storage: The iPad will come in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB variations.
- RAM: No word on this from Apple (just like with the iPhone and iPod touch). We assume it's more than the iPhone 3GS's 256MB, but we won't know for sure till we see a full breakdown.
- Wireless: The devices comes standard with 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1. You can also purchase a version which has 3G connectivity (UMTS / HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100MHz and GSM / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz). Sorry everyone, AT&T only here in the US -- and if you're thinking about using your iPhone SIM, think again. The iPad uses new micro SIMs.
- Other sensors: The iPad has a digital compass, there's AGPS on-board in the 3G version, and both versions have an accelerometer and ambient light sensor.
- Software:The iPad is running a modified version of the iPhone OS (3.2 at this point), which has some new user interface additions (and allows apps to be coded for that bigger screen)
- Ports / input / output: Headphone jack, 30-pin dock connector, built-in microphone, built-in speaker.
- Battery life: Apple claims "up to" 10 hours web surfing on WiFi, listening to music, or watching video, and over a month on standby.
- Dimensions: height: 9.56-inches, width: 7.47-inches, depth: 0.5-inches, weight: 1.5 pounds (1.6 for the 3G model)
It is rumored that apple has come out with some cool ipad accesories which i had jotted down below
iPad Keyboard Dock
The iPad Case not only protects the iPad, it can be used in various positions. So it’s easy to type, look at photos and slideshows, or watch movies.